Wiki Billing Medicare as secondary

lclayton

New
Best answers
We are Urgent Care and have an Ancillary contract with Cigna,UHC, and Aetna requiring us to bill S9083 at a flat rate regardless of what was done. I have a patient that is Medicare secondary. Cigna applied charges to pt deductible now I need to bill Medicare but they do not take the S codes. Would I code this as Medicare was primary even though the billed charges would be different or Code just an E/M and make the charge amount the same as Cigna's EOB? I'm so lost on this one.

We are Urgent Care and have an Ancillary contract with Cigna,UHC, and Aetna requiring us to bill S9083 at a flat rate regardless of what was done. I have a patient that is Medicare secondary. Cigna applied charges to pt deductible now I need to bill Medicare but they do not take the S codes. Would I code this as Medicare was primary even though the billed charges would be different or Code just an E/M and make the charge amount the same as Cigna's EOB? I'm so lost on this one.
lclayton: I have the same question. Did you ever figure out how to bill the secondary that doesn't accept 'S' codes?
tx