Wiki Billing North Carolina Medicaid for depo injections

LanaW

Guru
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
Help - I am using the code 96372 and it is being denied - pt brings depo - we inject - charge nothing for the J code but I do put it on the claim so the payor will know what is being injected. Use 96372 as the inj code but it is being denied....any ideas?
Thank you! :)

I work in a OB/GYN office in Raleigh. We bill the 96372 & the J code billed with a zero charge & ICD-9
V25.09. Plus with modifier FP for family planning. Medicaid's policy states you must put modifier FP, if it is for family planning.
Hope this helps!!

Michelle Raymond, CPC

Last edited:
I am in NY and till anout 5 months ago we used the same code for inj. BUT most of our carriers switched to "90471 Injection of med. IM or SO". I am NOT sure sure about your state though. See if you can call them again (spend another 1/2 day on the phone) :) (SORRY) and see if its a paybale code.

I am in NY and till anout 5 months ago we used the same code for inj. BUT most of our carriers switched to "90471 Injection of med. IM or SO". I am NOT sure sure about your state though. See if you can call them again (spend another 1/2 day on the phone) :) (SORRY) and see if its a paybale code.

90471 is for immunizations, I am having a hard time calling depo an immunization to prevent pregnancy.