• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

Billing Ophthalmology, 92015 and 92340-92342 and 92370

esimon

Contributor
Messages
10
Hello, I am trying to research information regarding the above title. I have found several policies from BCBS, Havard Pilgrim, United HealthCare, and Medicare, etc... that indicate certain codes are either included or excluded from payment. However, a comment was made by an Optometrist, that it is acceptable to not only bill for a spectacle fitting (92340-92342), but it is also appropriate to accept an office visit. I assuming the optometrist could bill an E/M code. Or can 92015 be billed with CPT codes 92340-92342? Is there any exceptions or rules on how to properly bill an ophthalmology office visit along with a spectacle fitting? I realize it is also determined by your insurance carrier.
 
Top