Wiki Billing Provider NPI #

mjh1027

Networker
Best answers
I work at a multispecialty clinic in Florida. With this being said, under DOL regulations for Worker's comp patients, which NPI # should I be using?? The rendering provider who saw the patient, even if that means a nurse practioner, or the director of the Clinic?????? Does it even matter??? I'm so confused!

I work at a multispecialty clinic in Florida. With this being said, under DOL regulations for Worker's comp patients, which NPI # should I be using?? The rendering provider who saw the patient, even if that means a nurse practioner, or the director of the Clinic?????? Does it even matter??? I'm so confused!
What did DOL tell you when you called them?

I would assume when you are sending a claim to any provider that supplies payment to the doctor you would put the rendering providers NPI. That is telling whomever that this is the provider that provided services. Now since you work for a multispecialty office is there a group Tax ID that goes on the claim?

Also, does this patient has a case# and Case ID as you would send that information to the address they provide.

You can email me if you have any more questions.
Have a great day.

Misty

I am not sure I understand the question. If this is WC case then the patient was referred to this rendering doctor, by the WC case manager. Then if the rendering physician is referring the patient out to someone else I don't know if the rendering physician's claim would even need his information on the referring physician information.

If the patient came to the rendering provider referred from another provider's office you would put the referring physician's information in the referring physician area and the rendering physician is still the rendering physician.

If the patient was referred by a provider in the same group you would still use the rendering physicians NPI # as he/she rendered the services and the referring physicians NPI would go in the referred provider area.

I hope that helps