Wiki BILLING SAME DAY VISITS

Best answers
I work for a Pediatric group. My Doctors see newborns after birth in the hospitals. Can we charge for a well check by 1 Doctor and a circumcison by another Doctor of the same practice group on the same date of service?
If you can not could I be directed to where it might state this in guidelines?

Thank you,
Terri

Yes, but you will still need the 25 modifier on the E/M. I work in a Pediatric Clinic as well with 10 providers. There have been times where our NP will do the check up and a physician will perform the circumcision.

I guess I'm not asking the question just right...we'll have 2 Doctors see this baby on the same date of service, 1 will do the well check, and the other will perform the circumcision; I will have to send 2 claims for the Doctors, 1 for the well check, the other for the circumcison for the same date. Is this right?

I guess I'm not asking the question just right...we'll have 2 Doctors see this baby on the same date of service, 1 will do the well check, and the other will perform the circumcision; I will have to send 2 claims for the Doctors, 1 for the well check, the other for the circumcison for the same date. Is this right?
Yes that is correct but since you will be billing 2 claims for the same date with the same tax id, you will need to put a 25 modifier on the office visit.

I work for a Pediatric group. My Doctors see newborns after birth in the hospitals. Can we charge for a well check by 1 Doctor and a circumcison by another Doctor of the same practice group on the same date of service?
If you can not could I be directed to where it might state this in guidelines?

Thank you,
Terri
You cannot bill two OV on the same day by the same group. However, you can bill an OV with one Provider and procedure only with the second Provider and get reimbursed but of course with appropriate modifiers.