Wiki Billing Software Question

jaimie567

Contributor
Best answers
Hi everyone,

I need some recommendations for billing software and a clearinghouse. I only need billing not any other EHR service.

Thanks group!
Jaimie

I've asked the same question and haven't received many responses.

At my office, we use MicroMD PM and MicroMD EMR. The program works pretty good, but I don't like the fact that they're 2 different programs even though we purchase them from the same vendor. The account numbers don't always match up, we have to add demographic info into both places, which often results in duplicated accounts.

We're looking into possibly purchasing new software also. So, I'm curious to find out what others use also, and their likes/dislikes as well.

I've heard a little about Athena Health and would love to talk to someone that utilizes it.

I have used many software's in my career but recently we started using a software called Open Practice Solutions . From what I have done with it so far, it is a pretty slick program. Moving credit balances around and doing refunds/take-backs seems pretty easy. The reporting features are endless. The pricing included the clearinghouse as well.

http://www.openpracticesolutions.com/

We are definitely still in the infancy with the software but so far, I really like it.

Hi Jaimie,
for the clearing house services or gateway, I use Trizetto & Optum. Keep in mind that not every insurance participates in these programs. this you will have to research with your insurances and determine the best course to take.
Good Luck, Jeff C.