Wiki Billing with Lesser Code?

lbpalladino

Contributor
Best answers
Are there any situations where a practice would bill with a lesser code? If there are 2 codes that are the same except the newer code has an extra step done, can we keep using the older code since we already have a contract with our par ins to perform the lesser code? In the end, we are doing more work than we are reporting. Any thoughts or information on this?

Both codes are active codes, I am not certain I understand the issue. You use the code that matches the service performed. If you are performing the work of 89322 then that is the one that must be reported, you may not under code a service. 89322 is not a new code for 2016, nor was it new for 2015. You may need to update your contract. However is services were contracted to perform only the 89320 service, then that is what you should be providing.

Both codes are active codes, I am not certain I understand the issue. You use the code that matches the service performed. If you are performing the work of 89322 then that is the one that must be reported, you may not under code a service. 89322 is not a new code for 2016, nor was it new for 2015. You may need to update your contract. However is services were contracted to perform only the 89320 service, then that is what you should be providing.

Thank you so much! It helps when you have another coder confirming your thoughts. Now my employer feels more confident with my answer. Have a wonderful day.