Wiki Billng New fx during Hemiarthroplasty global

Bnevin

Best answers
Help Ortho coders....

services provided to this patient started on 12/6/2011 with a Rt hip subcapital neck fracture, hemiarthroplasty service was billed, then patient come back on 12/29/2011 for office visit , here is the office note:

[[“Patient” is here in follow-up status post hemiarthroplasty. She had increasing pain and called. We ordered an x-ray which showed a greater trochanteric fracture. She is status post hemiarthroplasty from old femoral neck fracture and she also had a pelvis fracture, superior and inferior pubic ramus fractures.
Although she had a recent increase in onset of pain, she has been feeling much better and says “I'm doing really good.” She is pleased with her progress. I explained to her the greater trochanter fracture and have her the option of stabilizing this. She says “I'm in hardly any pain and I don't think I want it or need it.” I did warn her that she may have a persistent limp as a result and she understands this. She says, “I'll live with it.” We spent 15 minutes with ‘her' the majority of this time devoted to counseling regarding her new diagnosis, right trochanteric fracture. We plan on seeing the patient back in 4 weeks to reassess her progress.]]

Question; Does this note suport billing 99213-24 and 27246 ??

What do you think?
Call me "just not sure"
:confused:
Kingman Az

Help Ortho coders....

services provided to this patient started on 12/6/2011 with a Rt hip subcapital neck fracture, hemiarthroplasty service was billed, then patient come back on 12/29/2011 for office visit , here is the office note:

[[“Patient” is here in follow-up status post hemiarthroplasty. She had increasing pain and called. We ordered an x-ray which showed a greater trochanteric fracture. She is status post hemiarthroplasty from old femoral neck fracture and she also had a pelvis fracture, superior and inferior pubic ramus fractures.
Although she had a recent increase in onset of pain, she has been feeling much better and says “I'm doing really good.” She is pleased with her progress. I explained to her the greater trochanter fracture and have her the option of stabilizing this. She says “I'm in hardly any pain and I don't think I want it or need it.” I did warn her that she may have a persistent limp as a result and she understands this. She says, “I'll live with it.” We spent 15 minutes with ‘her' the majority of this time devoted to counseling regarding her new diagnosis, right trochanteric fracture. We plan on seeing the patient back in 4 weeks to reassess her progress.]]

Question; Does this note suport billing 99213-24 and 27246 ??

What do you think?
Call me "just not sure"
:confused:
Kingman Az

I would first que your doc and ask if hemi caused the fracture - which would be my first guess. If so then 99024 post-op visit only. But if he states that it WASN'T from the implant then you could capture 99213-2457 + 27246-79. But my guess is not...