Wiki BiV upgrade

mdm58

Networker
Best answers
I have a generator replacement attached to existing RV lead and insertion of new LV lead. Does any one know how to code this procedure. 33224 is and upgrade code but Does it include insertion of a new generator? and the 33225 is not an add on code for 33262 .... If any can help please e mail me @ mmunsey@mc.utmck.edu

I have a generator replacement attached to existing RV lead and insertion of new LV lead. Does any one know how to code this procedure. 33224 is and upgrade code but Does it include insertion of a new generator? and the 33225 is not an add on code for 33262 .... If any can help please e mail me @ mmunsey@mc.utmck.edu

yes, Denise I know how to code this procedure. You code to what the patient ends up with. According to AMA you started with a single lead and advanced to a dual lead ( at the end).

So 33263 ( dual lead system) & 33225 (New LV lead implant). Dont worry about 33225 being an add on code there has been a correction which will be in the 2013 cpt.

And if for some reason it does get denied look for the erratica published and appeal.:)