Blackboard Not Working

Best answers
I tried taking my ICD-10 test this morning and Blackboard was having issues. It took 2 minutes to go to the next question and after 3 minutes of it not working my internet closed out of the page and reopened. When that happened, Blackboard submitted my test with only 5 questions answered.

Has any one else been having issues with Blackboard today? I emailed aapc as they're not open on the weekends, but I want to know if anyone else had this issue.

*My internet is working perfectly normal all other sites are working just fine.

Thanks,
Laura

I have not yet been able to log in at all, because I have been waiting since November to get my password. Tried logging in and changing password and still can not get in. Maybe system has crashed and how long will it be out?

black board

I can't even log on, I was just on with the live chat and they told me how to log on and it still isn't working they need to post on black board that they are having difficulties this is ridiculous!!!!

Well I was aggravated but glad to see I am not the only one this happened to, I had 6 questions left and I got kicked off prior to getting kicked off it was taking 2 minutes to go to the next question.

LauraF1225

I had the same thing happen to me...I was on question 21. The screen went from the test screen to the aapc screen which shows the proficiency test attempts and grade. My internet is working fine too. I sent an email to aapc so hopefully they will let us retake. I can't afford to pay again.

Happened to me too. I was on question #6 when it closed out and submitted my test. Now it says I only have one more attempt to take the exam. Very frustrated. I will be calling them Monday.

Password

I have not yet been able to log in at all, because I have been waiting since November to get my password. Tried logging in and changing password and still can not get in. Maybe system has crashed and how long will it be out?

your username is code.xxxxxxxx, what ever your ID number is.
password is your first name, with the first letter capitalized.
This is different for the exam only.

Good luck, the site has crashed, everyone is having problems.

I was able to finish, but it was slow going...quite a few delays. It says I passed, but when I try to verify the credentials it says I have not completed the course.

Do you know if there is a delay in updating your profile?

Thanks

just kicked me out

I was attempting to take my test once I was finally able to log on and it took forever to submit my first answer and then it just went and said I submitted my whole test! I really hope AAPC is aware of this because I am beyond frustrated on this! and I don't get penalized saying I submitted it when I didn't

Extrememly Frustrated

It did it again!!! I was on attempt number 2 and my test got submitted again without me finishing. :mad:

Is there anything I can do?

not sure

I am not sure I guess I will be on the phone on Monday attempting to get my first attempt taken back due to it submitted it for me!!!

blackboard not working

I went in to the live chat to speak with someone today. I was over half way when i had the same thing happen. then after my 2nd attempt it happened again. the last person i was on live chat with said that blackboard is not an aapc website and they have contacted them about the issue. they have given be back my 2 attempts and said try again tomorrow. i would suggest you try using the live chat as well to help get yourself some answers and your attempts back. Good luck!!! Very frustrating for sure

On Chrome as suggested, 38 questions in and bumped out glad I found this and am not alone in my struggle

will they reset for those who were logged in? or do we have to call in and request a reset or is it just "tough noogies" use your other try ?

would be nice if they could reset to the point we were kicked off.

Also is the "calculated grade based on what we had saved or based on answering remaining questions correctly ? did the math that was based on correct/total so yeah I was headed for a win was only down 5 questions !

Last edited:
kicked out twice

I was on question 14 and it kicked me out. I began it again and reached question 38 and it kicked me out again. Im trying to reach a chat rep. Been on hold

thank you

thank you for the update I am waiting for them on chat too! I just want my attempts given back to me too!!

Yes, I started by ICD-10 exam and with 1 hour left and a few unanswered questions I started going back to answer them and it somehow submitted my test! It also ran very slow between each question. I emailed AAPC - so frustrating!
Is there a way to go directly to a particular question - for example #38 - without having to click one question at a time?

Yes!! I had the same problem this morning! I was on question 61 of the ICD-10 exam and still had one and a half hour time remaining and it kicked me out and scored the whole test as if I finished and had answered all 75 questions! Not happy! Very unfair!

Last edited:
Yes, it happened to me this morning as well. I was on question 60 and it hung up and auto graded my test. They were not open, but they had people on the chat. I told her what happened and they reset my test so it was like I didn't take it. Call them before you take it again and let them know to see if they can do the same thing for you.

I had taken the assessment test this evening and it says that I passed. It still shows on my profile that I'm not current. Has your profile updated yet?

I tried taking the ICD-10 exam this morning Saturday Dec 5th - The system was extremely slow between questions and after question 20 it submitted my exam on its own. I was extremely upset because I have a very busy schedule like everybody else and I had this time dedicated to take this exam. I figured it was a mistake so I started my second attempt and after the 5th question it submitted my exam again. I have reached out to the AAPC via email and will call first thing Monday morning. It is only going to get worse with everybody trying to take this exam at month end. AAPC needs to refund and or let us take this exam again.

Anderson Cuartas, CPC

Blackboard not working

I am having this issue as well. it is Sunday, Dec 6th and I only had this day to take the test and it will not log me in. Reset my password twice. AAPC imposes this exam to keep our credentials, makes us pay for it and they cannot insure that we can take the exam in it's entirety without an issue. Now we have to sit on the phone with them, work our jobs etc. So frustrated

blackboard

Hi- I just finished with no problems and I used firefox. I was nervous from all the posts but just wanted to make sure you might try firefox. Best wishes.

Set aside time today to take exam, can't even get logged in. When I put in my username
and name to get password, it says username doesn't correspond with name. When I try and put in new password, doesn't take it. Therefore, can't take exam at all. Not at all happy!!!!

blackboard not working

I just tried again and states that my username or password I entered is incorrect. Ichanged it 5X this is ridiculous

I had the same thing happen to me! On December 4th. Lucky I only had about five questions left and I passed anyway. But what upset me was when I called the guy was like well you passed so congrats... He never said anything about the test screwing up at all.

Oh and I had to call to get into the test. I had a heck of a time. I found out that my username was not just my member number I had to actually type code. before my number... Just a F.Y.I.

blackboard will not let me in at all

I tried to log in to blackboard and it would not accept my password. I changed the password twice and it still wouldn't work! :mad::eek:

Same thing happened to me on Saturday Dec 5th. I was taking the ICD10 Proficiency Test and it would take long to save the answers. It kicked me out the first time when I was on question #6 then the second time when I was on question #62. I hope AAPC does something to make this right. I will not pay again to take the exam. They need to fix the issue and give credit for the questions that were answered already.

Oh I keep getting this error I hope this starts working soon

An error occurred. Contact the System Administrator.
For reference, the Error ID is ea7a4bad-af8f-4335-a889-a4b3b37589a7.
Sunday, June 28, 2020 1:07:19 PM MDT

I am having trouble logging into Blackboard today as well. I requested my username for the AAPC member login , which is different than the username for the Blackboard. On the page where I logged into AAPC, then under MyAAPC, it shows your user name for the Blackboard. That being said, I am still having trouble today accessing my password for the course itself. Good luck!