Wiki Bone Graft - Spinal Surgery

nyyankees

True Blue
Best answers
Has anyone had any luck getting 20930 bone graft for spinal surgery paid after an Insurance co. bundles it with the spinal fusion itself?

I know some ins. co's pay the bone graft while others do not. Just curious. Most of my Dr's just want the fusion codes paid but I don't mind doing some leg-work to get the graft paid.

Many Thanks....;)

Bone graft-Spinal Surgery

No luck! But I always bill because who knows in the future they may, but I really do not think it's worth the time involved.

fusion with bone graft

Hi
I have had success with getting this paid with both eletronic and written appeals. I send a copy of the coding compainion page stating any bone graft is reported separately. This has worked for me and only takes a minute. I keep a copy of the page ready to go.

Hope this helps

Hi
I have had success with getting this paid with both eletronic and written appeals. I send a copy of the coding compainion page stating any bone graft is reported separately. This has worked for me and only takes a minute. I keep a copy of the page ready to go.

Hope this helps

Thanks. will send out today and see what happens. What I meant by time-consuming was - did it take forever to get the check and did you have to fight tooth & nail?

Thanks again.

Keith