Wiki botox injections for pelvic floor muscles

jcrahan13

Best answers
How would you bill botox injections for pelvic floor muscles? Would it be the same code for trigger point injections 20552 or 20553? There is no code that I can find for chemodenervation of pelvic floor muscles

I think you'd want to look at the "chemodenervation" codes (versus trigger point codes). I'd specifically look at CPT 64646-64647 for "trunk" muscles.

How would you bill botox injections for pelvic floor muscles? Would it be the same code for trigger point injections 20552 or 20553? There is no code that I can find for chemodenervation of pelvic floor muscles
Trunk muscles do not include pelvic floor muscles so the existing chemodenervation codes would not be appropriate to report. Usually the Botox injection into the pelvic floor muscles does meet the definition of a trigger point injection. I wrote an article on topic of pelvic pain in the OBG Management Magazine in 2018: https://www.mdedge.com/obgyn/articl...siderations-investigating-chronic-pelvic-pain that I hope can assist you with this type of treatment.