Wiki Box 33

gmgross

Best answers
Good morning, I have a question about box 33 on the 1500 form. I work for a large company and we have a corporate office, and we also have other offices in several different states. We do maintain an office in each of these states, but we do not see patients there and we do not have any office staff in these offices. Our visits are either home visits or telehealth visits. We would want all correspondence to be sent to our corporate office. What would be the correct address to put in box 33? Would it be our corporate office, or each of the offices in each state?

Thank you!

The box 33 address is for your billing provider information, so that's where you're going to put the address where all of your checks and billing mail is to be sent. However, I just caution against relying solely on that. Many payers will set up where your correspondence is going to be sent when they credential your practice and enroll your providers. If there's a discrepancy between what's in box 33 and what is in their system, this could cause issues. The payers will probably send your correspondence to where you've asked them to send it during the enrollment process even if box 33 has something different in it.