Wiki Breast US Guidelines

mbdk1977

Networker
Best answers
I've heard there are new guidelines as far as requirements on the referring as well as rad when doing breast us as well as more documentation needed, but I do not know the specifics. Has anyone seen the new guidelines. All i've been able to find are the ones from 2007 that say revised.

You may want to check with your FI/carrier/MAC for a LCD or NCD. If there are changes, it's possible one of the Radiology professional organizations may have something about it on their website.

Hi Mary, I had a similar question to yours so I have been trying to access info on the CMS website all morning and the closest I came were the same 2007 guidelines that said that everything in the red print was the up to date changes, so I presume that everything has remained the same with the exception of the writing in red. Below is the website where I found it, but I could be wrong about how recent the updates are. The CMS website is such a challenge for me some days. I'll keep looking as well and if I ever stumble upon something, I will post it in here for everyone. Good luck...

http://www.cms.hhs.gov/transmittals/downloads/R76NCD.pdf