Wiki Browlifts

jmcpolin

True Blue
Best answers
So when doing an endoscopic browlift with lactosorb screws, it seems far more extensive than 67900. Any suggestions? Unlisted?

Would need the op note

For an accurate response to surgical coding questions, please post the scrubbed op note.

Here's the lay description from Encoder Pro
Repair of brow ptosis (supraciliary, mid-forehead or coronal approach)
Ptosis refers to a droop or displacement resulting from paralysis. The physician makes an incision directly above the brow (supraciliary), through the mid-forehead or near the hairline (coronal). A dissection is carried down to the area of the brow. The skin is pulled superiorly and the brow approximated to its proper position above the supraorbital rim. The incision is repaired with sutures.

If what your surgeon did is more extensive than this, then you might want to use the 22 modifier to show additional difficulty.

If it's more involving the bony structures, and not just skin and muscle, I don't think this code will work.

You might try posting your question (with the op note) in the Plastic Surgery thread - more likely to get coders with this kind of expertise to help you there.

Hope that helps.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

Thank you, yes I read all that and I could not find a Plastic Surgery thread so that is why I posted it here. I have done some research and unlisted seems to be the consensus.

There is a Plastic Surgery Discussion Forum

You are currently in the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum under Medical Coding.

Just below the blue banner at the top of this page you'll find a white outlined banner on the left with a description of where you are. As you read this, it will read:
AAPC Medical Coding & Billing Forums >Medical Coding>General Discussion
Click on the Medical Coding link and scroll down till you find Plastic Surgery.

Hope that helps.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC