Wiki Bundled or Not Bundled?

Best answers
This may be a silly question, but our surgeon performed CPT code 26055 and he also noted a local anesthetic block was performed. Is the block included in the primary procedure, or can I bill separately? Insurance is Medicare. If it is allowed what is the CPT code for the local block?

I also have a claim where code 26050 is performed and surgeon also performed the local anesthetic block and insurance is a Deaconess Health Plan group insurance.

This may be a silly question, but our surgeon performed CPT code 26055 and he also noted a local anesthetic block was performed. Is the block included in the primary procedure, or can I bill separately? Insurance is Medicare. If it is allowed what is the CPT code for the local block?

I also have a claim where code 26050 is performed and surgeon also performed the local anesthetic block and insurance is a Deaconess Health Plan group insurance.
Anesthesia/pain control is included with the procedure.

Local anesthetic is always bundled. If there was a nerve block, that would be a different scenario.