Wiki Buttock pain

:)
So sorry to giggle... believe it or not, never came across this to have to code it before and realized there's no specific code for 'buttock pain'... (as there probably should be!!) :)
I would go with the 729.1... that where my book lead me first -the low back pain just isn't low enough... :D

-- or ask your doc to be more specific... without laughing of course!!!

I had to laugh too when it first came into our department a few weeks ago. Someone asked if we knew a code for pain in the butt and she said it literally. We all laughed. She didn't tell us if she found the code and then I came across one today and asked her about it and she said just use 729.1 if that is what you think.

It is a funny code. You would imagine that a code should exist, how many times do people fall on their bottoms, really. Thanks for sharing.

buttock pain

Hi,
Guys i will suggest to code 719.45 because it says
HS345 Pain In Joint Involving Pelvic Region And Thigh
Arthralgia; Buttock; Femur; Hip (joint) so i will go with 719.45 for buttock pain.

I also use 729.1....the 719.4X is for joints and the 724 codes are for back; as far as the 729.9 I think that is a possibilty also, maybe use both 729.1 and 729.9 and your butt ock would be covered. LOL (couldn't resist)

Am doing CRGs now which means that every symptom, sniffle or passing of gas needs to be picked up and coded. I happened upon a chart for a woman with a boil on her buttock which, naturally, hurts!

After much consideration and back and forth with collegues, we settled upon 782.0 (disturbance of skin sensation) to code the pain caused by the boil.

I see this a lot and in the 3-M encoder and it comes up with 729.1. I realize that not everything is correct in the encoder, but if you enter pain-buttock that is the code that shows up.

I see this a lot and in the 3-M encoder and it comes up with 729.1. I realize that not everything is correct in the encoder, but if you enter pain-buttock that is the code that shows up.

That makes complete sense if the pain is muscular. In my case, though, the woman basically had a painful spot on the skin of her bum hence 782.0.