Wiki buy out

vjst222

Best answers
I just got wind that a bigger hospital is going to be buying out our hospital. I am pretty worried about my job . Anyone been through this situation where a Bigger Hospital buys out the smaller one. Guess there will be no need for a physician coder anymore.

Our hospital is in the same situation now - we "merged" with the bigger Hospital system, however everything that is happening is more like a take over. I do coding for the physicians for our Hospital practices and although I still have a job, things are changing. The bigger Hospital has a much larger practice than we did, so as the integrate our doctors into that practice things are changing the way we code and bill. Eventually I will not be coding any of the doctors services - they are going to be responsible for doing their own coding. My job is turning into more of an Auditor and Physician Education (my title has actually changed to Internal Auditor) than a coder. I still am not sure if I like all of the changes - just glad I still have a job!

Jobs were not as secure for those in Administration as the larger system already has central Administration and Billing company and even with the extra work load not all positions were needed plus the fact that they would have to travel to the main office which is about 45 minutes from our area and in heavy commuter traffic. So I guess I am lucky so far as they are not expecting me to do that extra commute - yet. :)

So it could be a positive thing - or it could be a problem, but if you are coding for the physician group and they are part of the hospital, they may still need a coder.

Good luck - I hope it all goes well for you. :D

Thanks for some input. I feel like I am just jumping to conclussions right now, however I am also have a feeling to maybe move on. Maybe it is time to look for something else and get out of the organization I work for.
What will be, will be and there is no stopping it.

Thanks again

PS I am not real sure I would like the new job title you have now either. I work for the physician practices as well coding for aout 12 of our family practioner's and internist.