Wiki C-section & tubal w/ Lt oophorectomy cystectomy

Chris003

New
Best answers
Hello!

I'm not sure how to code this, patient had a c-section and salpingectomy on the right w/ a salpingo-oophorectomy cystectomy on the left. The 20cm ovarian cyst was contiguous to the ovary so the decision was made to remove both at the same time as the fallopian tubes. I know 58611 covers the tubal but not the cyst and ovary removal. Any help is appreciated!

Hello!

I'm not sure how to code this, patient had a c-section and salpingectomy on the right w/ a salpingo-oophorectomy cystectomy on the left. The 20cm ovarian cyst was contiguous to the ovary so the decision was made to remove both at the same time as the fallopian tubes. I know 58611 covers the tubal but not the cyst and ovary removal. Any help is appreciated!
Code 58611 if only for the transection of the fallopian tubes and does not include the removal of an ovary or cyst. In this case the cyst and ovary were sharing a border, hence the removal of the ovary. I would bill for that only, not the removal of the cyst which is attached. I would suggest you not bill 58611 but rather report 58720 as it represents all of the procedures performed. This code is not bundled into a any of the cesarean delivery codes despite it being a "separate procedure" code. But to be on the safe side I would add a modifier -59 to this code to ensure the processing computer does not throw it out at first submission.