Wiki Calling all Virtual Experience; CPC-A's; Make your comment by end of Jan.

Best answers
All of us CPC-A's that have been waiting for the testing to come back up again for the "Virtual Experience: Apprentice Removal" program (800 case notes in 17 different specialties), need to make a comment before the end of January.

Reed Pew Chairman/CEO wrote an article in the January Coding Edge titled "Elimination of "A" Designation" you need to be aware of. One way stated was passing both the current CPC exam and coding 20 operative/office notes, will remove your "A".

What AAPC is saying, that the "A" is not needed any more makes sense, but 20 cases instead of 800! Seems unfair to me and might bring all our efforts to naught if it goes through as now being considered.

As for myself, I have enjoyed working on these cases and learned so much. I want to finish the testing. Showing a future employer a certificate of completion with scoring has got to be impressive.

What will happen to the testing program we have been waiting to start again is unknown, so please, read the article (Page 7) and make your opinion known at;
www.aapc.com/cpc-acomment.

At least you had the opportunity to get the Virtual Experience. What about those of use that missed that boat and have had no luck getting the Hands On experience required to get that "A" removed. We really are in a mess if this goes through as is.

All of us CPC-A's that have been waiting for the testing to come back up again for the "Virtual Experience: Apprentice Removal" program (800 case notes in 17 different specialties), need to make a comment before the end of January.

Reed Pew Chairman/CEO wrote an article in the January Coding Edge titled "Elimination of "A" Designation" you need to be aware of. One way stated was passing both the current CPC exam and coding 20 operative/office notes, will remove your "A".

What AAPC is saying, that the "A" is not needed any more makes sense, but 20 cases instead of 800! Seems unfair to me and might bring all our efforts to naught if it goes through as now being considered.

As for myself, I have enjoyed working on these cases and learned so much. I want to finish the testing. Showing a future employer a certificate of completion with scoring has got to be impressive.

What will happen to the testing program we have been waiting to start again is unknown, so please, read the article (Page 7) and make your opinion known at;
www.aapc.com/cpc-acomment.

CPC-As PLEASE do not let your chance to be heard so by. As stated above you have a chance to have your voices heard and to make a difference. Now is your time to do so. After all comments from the CPC-A are heard, there could be changes made, but if you do not respond then it will stay as it.

Sherry Williams CPC-A

I agree that we need the virtual experience program because I have been certified going on my second year and I couldn't even get someone to let me work for free because of the apprenticeship.

Economy and General Aprroval of passing the CPC-A removal

I believe it would be very beneficial to remove the "A" for those of us who are new but already well educated in the field. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Health Education/ Health Promotion with which I was unable to find a job for a year and a half due to the current state of the economy. I went back and recieved my certification and shortly after was hired. I have now been working for eight months and love my employer. I would love to "move up the ladder" but it is looked down upon that I am still considered "an apprentice". This is simply a term and does not really describe the amount of experience (educational as well as "hands on") that an individual possesses. For those who say "we didn't have the chance to do that". That is a shame. The economy was also probably not the worst it has been since the Great Depression either. I think the idea is wonderful!