Wiki can I bill for a 59430 outside of the delivery?

Sovacool

Contributor
Best answers
Hello All,

I work in an FQHC that has three OB/GYN offices and we are battling over the 59430 postpartum care.We received a Florida Medicaid Health Care Alert stating Practitioner Services
for vaginal delivery which include immediate post-partum care in a Facility setting (hospital or birth center). The keywords to us are facility setting (Hospital or Birth Center). We want to charge 59430 for the out-pt postpartum follow-ups at 1 and 6 weeks. When we have billed, Medicaid,MMAs they paid it in addition to the delivery . Thoughts?

Thanks,

Kate Sovacool CPMA,CPPM,CPC

Hello All,

I work in an FQHC that has three OB/GYN offices and we are battling over the 59430 postpartum care.We received a Florida Medicaid Health Care Alert stating Practitioner Services
for vaginal delivery which include immediate post-partum care in a Facility setting (hospital or birth center). The keywords to us are facility setting (Hospital or Birth Center). We want to charge 59430 for the out-pt postpartum follow-ups at 1 and 6 weeks. When we have billed, Medicaid,MMAs they paid it in addition to the delivery . Thoughts?

Thanks,

Kate Sovacool CPMA,CPPM,CPC

I also work in a FQHC that has three OB/GYN offices here in Florida. Yes, we bill 59430 at 3 weeks and 6 weeks. If you see a patient prior to 3 weeks you will not get credit for Hedis scores. Yes, you are correct the alert is for hospital and birth centers.