Wiki Can we charge for that?

Best answers
Is anyone charging Comerical Insurance companies for requested additional information? I went to a seminar last week and the lady said that we could. Is anyone doing this currently and does it work?

Is anyone charging Comerical Insurance companies for requested additional information? I went to a seminar last week and the lady said that we could. Is anyone doing this currently and does it work?

No, we do not charge any insurance that has requested additional info from us in an attempt to process a claim and reimburse us. We have contracts with most of the commercial carriers we bill and it is written in the contract that any requested information is to be promptly responded to in their processing of our claims. The only entities that we charge for records are Attorneys.

Jenna

I agree with Jenna, if you want your claim paid, you have to give them the records.

As far as advice received in seminars, what you can bill for and what they will pay for are two different things. But as Jenna said, if you Par, it's likely your contract disallows the billing.