Wiki Can you bill out a claim if a note is incomplete or not even started for Physical Therapy or Medical?

pharrison

New
Best answers
Can you bill out a claim if a note is incomplete or not even started for Physical Therapy or Medical? My job is stating that I should be billing out claims without a note and I disagree with this and they told me to find documentation otherwise.

Are you billing from encounter forms? My office works that way. While I dont agree with the use of encounter forms I am stuck with that system for now. However if at any time I question what is given to me I will place that claim on hold until that note is complete. In our practice claims are typically only on hold for 1-2 days.

Are you billing from encounter forms? My office works that way. While I dont agree with the use of encounter forms I am stuck with that system for now. However if at any time I question what is given to me I will place that claim on hold until that note is complete. In our practice claims are typically only on hold for 1-2 days.
The therapist do not use encounter forms, so there for the note would have to be completed correct?

People who don't use encounter forms generally use a daily sheet or a schedule sheet, and write their codes on there (or circle appropriate codes). The only time I insist on a note being done is when I need to send it with the claim (workers comp, some private arrangements). Most of the time I don't even know if the note is done or not because I'm not handling the chart.