Wiki cancelled CABG x3

CRC CPC

Guru
Best answers
Please help CABG cancelled. "Pt underwent anesthesia and placement of swan; however, at this time th PA pressures were extremely elevated up in the 80s systolic. Dr went on to say he discussed this with cardiologist and the anesthesiologist. They will reassess in the next 24-48 hours. We are in conflict. Suggested coding is 33533-53, 33518-53 and 33508-53, I see no indication that this was done. This could be my ignorance but I do not want to submit this incorrectly. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Colleen CPC:confused:

I sorta agree with 33533-53 per reading the mod 53 fact sheet. But then again the surgeon, from what it sounds like, did not even start the procedure. What do you think about just billing for the Swan Ganz? It is bundled into Cabg but since the Cabg was not done I would think you could bill 93503.:confused:

Depending on documention, I would not be comfortable with billing 33533-53.
I know that it said "discontinued procedure after induction of anesthesia" but it must be supported in documentation. That is what has me wondering? if 33533-53 would be correct.:rolleyes:

I am curious if anyone else has any suggestions on this because I really am not sure but I don't beleive our surgeons would want to code it that way.

Tx's