Wiki Cardiac MRI

cgbar

Networker
Best answers
Our practice has added a physician who will be reading Cardiac MRIs. This is new to us as we have never billed these before. I have the code range as 75557-75565. I would like some help in identifying what are the necessary components of the reports I will need in order to bill these.

Thanks,
Glenn

75557 - Cardiac MRI without contrast

75559 - With stress; Following dobutamine injection, which mimics the effects of exercise on the heart and induces ischemia, the physician evaluates the left ventricular (LV) wall's ability to move during physical stress.

75561 - report for observation of cardiac function and morphology; with contrast materials

if stress is performed with Cardiac MRI then:

75563 - same as 75561 but with stress (includes contrast)

+75565 - with velocity flow mapping (add in addition to the primary procedure) - which evaluates the flow of blood in the heart.

Julie- Thanks for the reply. Hopefully, I will get to speak with our new cardiologist about these in the near future.

What I am really needing/wanting to know is what documentation is needed in the various reports. Ideally, I would love to see some actual reports that are documented correctly and accurately for coding purposes. Any ideas where I might get/find these?

Again...Thanks