Wiki Cardiology dx

jenski37

New
Best answers
Dr has a patient that comes to us every 2 years as part of a routine screening for his job and has a stress echo. He had a stent placed in the OM in 2009. He has no further tx with us except in 2011 for office visit and 2014 for stress echo.
Dr billed for a stress echo this year and billed with dx I25.10 CAD. Dr states he is asymptomatic and is doing well.
My question is, is it appropriate to do testing in a patient with a CAD dx as routine screening?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jennifer CPC :confused:

I'm not sure I understand your question. The reason for the stress echo is the CAD, which the doctor gives as the diagnosis. It is a diagnostic echo, not a screening echo, since the patient has that established diagnosis. Even if the patient is asymptomatic, he can still have the disease (CAD) and still require routine monitoring. Does this help? Is this what you needed clarified?

My question is this normal monitoring for a patient with this clinical history in the absence of the work requirement? If it's just because work requests for fitness for duty, i'd go with Z02.89 Encounter for other administrative examinations or Z02.79 Encounter for issue of other medical certificate. Exams for work purposes are typically not covered by insurance.