Wiki Cardiology Resource?

NM36

Contributor
Best answers
I am new to Cardiology coding, and I am hoping to eventually take the CCC exam, but I really need a good base knowledge before even attempting it.
I find surprisingly little educational resources for Cardiology Coding, as they all seem to presume a broad clinical knowledge of the specialty. With that being said, can anyone recommend a basic Cardiology textbook or other resource that would give me a good base knowledge of anatomy, physiology, disease process, treatments, testing, etc??
I would prefer something that doesn't go too deep into technical detail, but is also thorough enough to provide a good understanding of different conditions, and how diagnoses are interrelated, diagnostic testing, and common procedures, (and lots of illustrations!)
Any feedback/advice much appreciated!

Medlearn Publishing has a book (Peripheral & Cardiology) that helped me greatly when I started coding cardiology several years ago. It was a good foundation and then Dr. Z (Z Health Publishing) builds off of that in greater detail. Both are on the expensive side (in my opinion) but well worth the money. Hope this helps and good luck! I love coding cardiology!

Thanks,
Sherry Kendall, CPC, CPMA

Medlearn Publishing has a book (Peripheral & Cardiology) that helped me greatly when I started coding cardiology several years ago. It was a good foundation and then Dr. Z (Z Health Publishing) builds off of that in greater detail. Both are on the expensive side (in my opinion) but well worth the money. Hope this helps and good luck! I love coding cardiology!

Thanks,
Sherry Kendall, CPC, CPMA
Thank you Sherry! I will check those out. I appreciate it!

I am new to Cardiology coding, and I am hoping to eventually take the CCC exam, but I really need a good base knowledge before even attempting it.
I find surprisingly little educational resources for Cardiology Coding, as they all seem to presume a broad clinical knowledge of the specialty. With that being said, can anyone recommend a basic Cardiology textbook or other resource that would give me a good base knowledge of anatomy, physiology, disease process, treatments, testing, etc??
I would prefer something that doesn't go too deep into technical detail, but is also thorough enough to provide a good understanding of different conditions, and how diagnoses are interrelated, diagnostic testing, and common procedures, (and lots of illustrations!)
Any feedback/advice much appreciated!
I would recommend Terry Fletcher, she does Webinars and In Person Conferences.