Wiki Cardiothoracic Coding Resources

Best answers
Hi all,

I am new to Cardiothoracic coding and I noticed that there are very little resources out there to guide me. As it is a new addition to our practice, I am learning as I go.

I have found that there is a coding seminar held yearly by STS, and do hope to go to the next one.

Would someone who attended the last one mind forwarding me some coding guidance received from this last conference?

It would be of tremendous help and allow me enough to get by until I am able to attend the next one myself.

I appreciate this in advance so very much.

Thanks again,
Ryan

ryan.gosselin@aol.com

Hi Ryan,
I also code for CT and there is little out there most is for cardiology. I'm also looking for resources too, but if there is anything I can assist you with feel free to email me at rejenia@hotmail.com.

what books do you have so far? I would suggest the Cardiology/Cardiothoracic Surgery/Vascular Surgery and probably an anatomy book. I've also heard the STS seminars are great but I've never been able to go.

Would it be ok if i can email you questions on CT question Zuzu or Rejeina..I'm also struggling with unanswered questions for this specialty.

I too found the same thing when I began coding Cardiothoracic Surgery and Vascular Surgery as well two years ago. Last year in November I went to the STS conference in Chicago and it was a great help in learning the anatomy, from a coder's perspective and in hearing the surgeons explain their rationale to this area of medicine. I had trouble networking as I don't think STS had any type of arranged system. Feel free to contact me too at smerriweather@botsford.org