Wiki Cardiothoracic Surgery

saradrew

New
Best answers
Hi All,

I am not sure where to go for this question. If this is not the right place, would you please point me in the right direction?

I am looking for expected production #'s for coders proficient in coding Cardiothoracic Surgery. I know there are variables but I am looking for a range or average. This is not a specialty I have experience coding and my team is looking for some benchmarks for # of charts per hour/day.

Thank you!

Hi All,

I am not sure where to go for this question. If this is not the right place, would you please point me in the right direction?

I am looking for expected production #'s for coders proficient in coding Cardiothoracic Surgery. I know there are variables but I am looking for a range or average. This is not a specialty I have experience coding and my team is looking for some benchmarks for # of charts per hour/day.

Thank you!

Are you able to run a historical report to see the average number of charts coded over a period of time per coder? If you can see how many each coder has been producing in the past few months, it would be much easier to figure out what would be the best average specific to your facility. For example, in the last month Coder 1 completed X number of charts, Coder 2 completed X number of charts, etc. Then take all of those values and average them by the number of coders.

Cardiothoracic billing can get pretty rough once in a while, so a person shouldn't get "penalized" for taking an hour or two deciphering the chart. I would suggest looking at setting a goal for the duration of a week rather than by day or by hour.

You should probably take a look at your days in A/R as well.