Wiki cartoid artery arteriograms

decus1956

Best answers
Help!!!!!! Need to code this ASAP! Can someone please tell me if I am wrong...:eek:

Procedure in detail:
Pt brought in cath lab, french arterial sheat was inserted in RCFA, then pigtail cath was advanced over aortic arch and positioned in ascending aorta. Aortic arch aortogram was performed.

Following this, RCCA was was cannulated using berstein cath and glide wire. Injections were performed in RCC and and a carotid arteriogram was performed in multiple projections. Cath was aspirated, flushed and repositioned. Multiple attempts were made to cannulate th origin of LCCA w/berstein cath, but unsuccessful. However, he was able to cannulate the origin of L. Subclavian artery and L. Subclavian arteriogram was performed.

Following this, he switched out a french head hunter cath. The cath was used to engage the origin of the LCCA. Following this sequential arteriograms of LCA were performed in standard projections. The pt tolerate procedure well, w/o complications. At end of case, a R femoral arteriogram was performed. An attempt was mde to utilize a Mynx closure device but was unsucceful due to extensive calcificatin in R exteral iliac artery and in one case, the mynx balloon perforated and ruptured. Second ballon was utilized but unsuccesful. Then decison was made to use manual pressure to obtain hemostasis.

Not for sure how to code this! Need help!

Codes I think..... 36216, 36215-59, 75680-26-59

Last edited: