Wiki cath coding

MKurtz67

New
Best answers
Based on the procedure note below - how should this cath be billed? thank you in advance Marti

DETAILED PROCEDURE NOTE: Timeout was performed. The right groin was cleansed and draped in the usual fashion; 2% lidocaine was used to anesthetize the skin and subcutaneous tissues. Using the modified Seldinger technique, right femoral artery was entered anteriorly, guidewire advanced, 6-French sheath inserted, and 1500 units of heparin was delivered intra-arterially. Standard right and left diagnostic Judkins catheters were used to obtain selective angiograph of left and right coronary arteries. I was unable to selectively intubate the left subclavian artery at first, so I went back with the pigtail catheter and performed a 10 mL hand injection of the left ventricle followed by pullback recording across the aortic valve. The pigtail catheter was then positioned at the level of the aortic root, followed by an aortic root angiogram in the LAO projection, identifying the origin of the left subclavian. I then went back with the JR4 catheter, selectively intubating the left subclavian artery and visualizing the internal mammary artery. All catheters were removed at the end of the procedure. The sheath was secured to the skin. She tolerated it well without complications.

Based on the procedure note below - how should this cath be billed? thank you in advance Marti

DETAILED PROCEDURE NOTE: Timeout was performed. The right groin was cleansed and draped in the usual fashion; 2% lidocaine was used to anesthetize the skin and subcutaneous tissues. Using the modified Seldinger technique, right femoral artery was entered anteriorly, guidewire advanced, 6-French sheath inserted, and 1500 units of heparin was delivered intra-arterially. Standard right and left diagnostic Judkins catheters were used to obtain selective angiograph of left and right coronary arteries. I was unable to selectively intubate the left subclavian artery at first, so I went back with the pigtail catheter and performed a 10 mL hand injection of the left ventricle followed by pullback recording across the aortic valve. The pigtail catheter was then positioned at the level of the aortic root, followed by an aortic root angiogram in the LAO projection, identifying the origin of the left subclavian. I then went back with the JR4 catheter, selectively intubating the left subclavian artery and visualizing the internal mammary artery. All catheters were removed at the end of the procedure. The sheath was secured to the skin. She tolerated it well without complications.

You have 93459 - LHC with bypass grafts, because the doctor imaged the possible bypass graft.
HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC