Wiki CCC Exam Books

Best answers
Hi - For the CCC exam, the AAPC website says that you have to use the professional or standard version of the CPT book, but can you use expert ICD-9 and HCPCS books? Also, does anyone have any tips or pointers in studying for/taking the exam? Thanks!

I took the CCC exam in 2010. At that time it was your choice of what ICD-9 and HCPCS books you wanted to use. I also purcahsed the CCC Practicum, that was an online study and practice test. I also used Coding Strategies: CSI Navigator For: Comprehensive Cardiology to study for the test , also to use during the test and in my daily coding. Its an awesome book, easy to understand and it comes with a laminated "job aid" that has great pictures and quick reference for the codes. I think the book and laminated aid is $279.00 but I think it is worth it. You can go online and look at it. The test covers all areas of cardiology. Be sure to go over the guidelines when a NP or other non MD sees the pt in the hosp.

I hope this helps and good luck on your test!!!!!

Cindy

I also took the CCC in 2010! I agree with everything Cindy said. I would add that I made tons of notes in my CPT book. Every available page there was to write on, I did. I tried to put all my dx notes one one page, EP notes on another, etc. then made a little index somewhere in the CPT to tell you what page my notes were on. I think my notes helped me a lot....they were in my own writing and written in a way I could understand easily. Made me much more comfortable. Also, make sure you remember the way the blood flows through the heart.

Good luck,
Susan