Wiki CCI question

sue37412

Best answers
When a physician is doing a fem-pop bypass and he also wants to charge for a common femoral endarterectomy, I thought that this would be and unbillable charge but I can't find anything to back me up. At the same time he also wants to charge for an angioplasty of the external iliac. Can someone tell me where I can get the information to back me up? or to back up the doctors position?

When a physician is doing a fem-pop bypass and he also wants to charge for a common femoral endarterectomy, I thought that this would be and unbillable charge but I can't find anything to back me up. At the same time he also wants to charge for an angioplasty of the external iliac. Can someone tell me where I can get the information to back me up? or to back up the doctors position?

What does the operative report say? There are several procedures listed above, and they may be bundled, but it will depend on what the surgeon documented. Did he harvest a vein for the bypass? When the endarterectomy was performed is plaque removal documented? Was the angioplasty attempted before the bypass was performed? Was the angioplasty transluminal or percutaneous?
I am still learning coding and which questions to ask, so please redirect me if my questions are not in the right direction.

Thanks,
Pam