Wiki cedc exam

ercoder4u

New
Best answers
I am interested in taking the CEDC exam, and would like feed back from those of you who have taken the exam. I'm a CPC-H for 10 years and would like to futher my coding credentials. Thanks for responding:)

I passed the CEDC on the first try (4 years of ER coding experience). As I recall it was mostly case studies, with a bit of the regular CPC stuff mixed in (terminology, regulations, etc). If you have ER coding experience, it should be fairly straightforward for you.

My employer offers a bonus to those who maintain a speciality certification - so it was a good move for me. However - I will caution that speciality CEUs are more costly and harder to find than regular CEUs.

I am not sure how much weight a speciality certification carries when seeking jobs...most of the speciality jobs I see advertised are just looking for 3+ years experience in the speciality....

Last edited:
Cedc exam

I also plan to take the CEDC EXAM. I am a CPC, and I've been coding ER records for 3yrs now. I ordered the CEDC Practicum a week ago. I have viewed all of the Webinars included & great information is included. I haven't accessed the 75 question practice tests yet though. I plan to take time out to do that this weekend. For those that have taken it, is it better to us the Marshfield Clinic Audit tool for the exam?

I'd say use the audit tool you are most comfortable with. I had one from an E&M auditing course I took - it made more sense to me than the Marshfield one. I did have copies of both with me, just in case....

Last edited:
I actually used one from the E&M University website and kind of tweeked it for my own comfort level and understanding. Oh, and I also had a proctor that was new to testing and she almost didn't let us use the tools so I had to ask her to call her local chapter so she could find out what we already knew, so be ready, just in case:) I took the same practicum from AAPC and it was very helpful for me.

Cedc exam

Thanks so much for the input. To be honest, the Audit tools can really be confusing. I don't use them now, but I have been trying to make sense of the Marshfield Audit tool as well as other Audit tools since it was reccomended for use with the exam. I code ER records on a daily basis & I've even kinda gotten away from the point system & just determine the levels based on what was done such as EKG'S, labs, etc. & weighing that against if the HPI, ROS, etc is sufficient enough to code it to a certain level. It justs seems easier to look at the whole picture other than just relying on the Audit tools. I plan to take the exam in June. I'll have plenty of time to prepare. Thanks again for everyone's input. This helps alot!!

I am working as HCC Coder since 3+ Years and now I want to get into ER Remote Coding. Is it worth appearing in CEDC Exam? Do you think I will be ready after studying practicum? I have worked so much on ICD 9 and some CPT that it seems ok to appear other then modifier which I am not good at that....
Any suggestions would be appreciated......

I am an HCC coder as well (2 years), but I also have 3+ years of ED coding experience. Everyone learns at a different pace and different levels, but I think having experience with ED coding would be beneficial before sitting for the CEDC exam.

I too am taking the exam and ordered the CEDC practicum...can i use the tool that comes with that?

Anyone taken the exam recently? I am debating which study aides to purchase. I'm thinking just the study guide... The 4 ceus would be nice but not mandatory with the self study course. Look for opinions.