Cemc exam

Best answers
I will be taking the E/M exam soon. Any recommendations on the....... Optional References: One reference of your choice to take in the exam. Anything will help.
thanks in advance

Tabers Medical Dictionary.
50 worksheets for 50 case studies (total 150 questions)
1995 guidelines
CPT must be by AMA
I just passed it.
Good luck to you

You can also laminate the auditing worksheet and use a dry erase marker. I used this for both the CEMC and CPMA exams.

Hello,

I am taking the CEMC exam early November, can someone confirm which of the two DG to focus on; 95 or 97? I have coded using 95 guidelines for 4.5 years but that was over two years ago. In my most current role I use 97 guidelines and is what I feel most comfortable with since its what I use every day.

Hello,

I am taking the CEMC exam early November, can someone confirm which of the two DG to focus on; 95 or 97? I have coded using 95 guidelines for 4.5 years but that was over two years ago. In my most current role I use 97 guidelines and is what I feel most comfortable with since its what I use every day.

I am also preparing to take the CEMC exam in a few days, any last minute advice would be great! :)

My recommendation for the reference of choice is a medical dictionary. I used it a few times during my CEMC exam. The case studies are based on the 1995 guidelines. If the case study requires the 1997 guidelines it will be stated within. Having a good audit tool that your familiar with is crucial. One more note is that unfortunately the shelf life of the CEMC is in question. With medicare moving to equal leveling among EM codes many private insurers will follow. Having good EM coders may not be as important as it currently is for employers.

Jay Mominee, CPC, CPB, CPMA, CEMC