Wiki Certifications/Organizations

yem5173

Contributor
Best answers
I am looking to join some professional organizations. I am unsure how to find these types of organizations. I want something that has to do with my medical experience, something that offers networking, and something that I can get involved in. I am also looking to add onto my certifications. I have been given conflicting information in regards to other types of certs. I am also thinking about the CPC-P. I am concerned that I get all these certs, pay a ton of money, and nothing helps my career. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

I am looking to join some professional organizations. I am unsure how to find these types of organizations. I want something that has to do with my medical experience, something that offers networking, and something that I can get involved in. I am also looking to add onto my certifications. I have been given conflicting information in regards to other types of certs. I am also thinking about the CPC-P. I am concerned that I get all these certs, pay a ton of money, and nothing helps my career. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you
I just completed the CPMA class through NAMAS and passed the test. I think anything you learn can be used to help your career. I am a CPC and CPMA. Both were very worthwhile efforts.

I am going to look into this one. I was looking at RMC, RMM, CHBME, CCS, and CMC. Plus I was thinking about going back to school to get my MBA. Thanks for your advice.

My current job is billing and A/R. I have been an office manager, billing supervisor, and follow up coord. My dream would be to open my own consulting business/billing company. But there are too many in my current area.