Wiki cervical escharotic treatment

ollielooya

True Blue
Best answers
Hello, totally new to this forum even if I've been around a long time! :) Do any of you experienced GYN coders have experience with this treatment for abnormalities found on a pap smear?
I've been retired for a couple of years and thinking about entering the workforce again. Is this type of therapy still being used and if so, what codes might be applicable? I'm unable to pull up any useful information in the Resource Center .

Well, I consider myself a rather experienced gyn coder (coding gynonc for almost 20 years), but have never heard of this. Google tells me it appears to be a holistic/naturopathic treatment. It is possible it is still used, but not popular in my area. Or maybe is used but not by many physicians.
Regarding coding, POSSIBLY 57511?? More likely unlisted with comparison to 57511. Insurances may consider it experimental.
Hopefully someone with experience in escharotic treatment could weigh in.

Well, I consider myself a rather experienced gyn coder (coding gynonc for almost 20 years), but have never heard of this. Google tells me it appears to be a holistic/naturopathic treatment. It is possible it is still used, but not popular in my area. Or maybe is used but not by many physicians.
Regarding coding, POSSIBLY 57511?? More likely unlisted with comparison to 57511. Insurances may consider it experimental.
Hopefully someone with experience in escharotic treatment could weigh in.
Thank you for weighing in and obviously a reply from someone with your extensive experience would have some insight. This is helpful actually as I was considering an unlisted code. Most likely it will be an out of pocket expense should the patient decide to go thru with this. I will need to dig deeper to confirm if this is indeed administered topically. Your pointing me to the 57511 is a great start and very helpful in my research--thank you again.