Wiki Cervical packing

Best answers
One of our providers seen a patient in the ER for "bleeding after procedure" and did "cervical packing". The patient is 11 days post large excision of the transformation zone for HGSIL. We did not do the original excision. The provider did packing with Monsells solution and Iodoform gauze. I have looked every where I can think of for a DX code and CPT code for this procedure. Help,, any suggestions?

One of our providers seen a patient in the ER for "bleeding after procedure" and did "cervical packing". The patient is 11 days post large excision of the transformation zone for HGSIL. We did not do the original excision. The provider did packing with Monsells solution and Iodoform gauze. I have looked every where I can think of for a DX code and CPT code for this procedure. Help,, any suggestions?
Your diagnosis will be N99.820, Postprocedural hemorrhage of a genitourinary system organ or structure following a genitourinary system procedure. There is no CPT match for this. 57180 is for vaginal packing (at 3.63 RVUs) and 57150 is for cervical cautery (at 3.33 RVUs). You should report 58999, unlisted, and compare the work to either 57180 or 57150.