Wiki Change of Address

Best answers
My office is moving to a new location as of 7/1/2016 and I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to contact all of the insurance companies at once to let them know of the change (IE: Clearinghouse) or do I need to contact all of the insurance companies individually?

Thank you for your input.

My office just moved last month and I had to go through and update them all individually. Medicare and Medicaid require forms to be submitted and lots of smaller insurance like workers comp have asked for W-9's in order to process a change of address. It has been a month out since our move and I am still working to tie up loose ends. I started with CAQH and went from there. I wish I could tell you there was a more simple way!

Thank you so much for the info, I am not looking forward to it.

My office just moved last month and I had to go through and update them all individually. Medicare and Medicaid require forms to be submitted and lots of smaller insurance like workers comp have asked for W-9's in order to process a change of address. It has been a month out since our move and I am still working to tie up loose ends. I started with CAQH and went from there. I wish I could tell you there was a more simple way!

Same thing here...

Long drawn out procedure. You can sometimes find carrier directives as to how they want this info supplied by going to their portals and looking up this information. Yes, another administrative burden in keeping up with all the portals and password administration. Also, I read something in this month's Healthcare Monthly magazine by making sure the NPI's are updated too, depending on how long it may have been since they did that. Even after a year of updates, we still had some carriers that had not updated the information we supplied within their own systems, which caused additional grief. But if you get started early enough, and have a systematic plan of accomplishing your purpose( starting with your major payers), your issues may be less problematic.

Thank you very much

Long drawn out procedure. You can sometimes find carrier directives as to how they want this info supplied by going to their portals and looking up this information. Yes, another administrative burden in keeping up with all the portals and password administration. Also, I read something in this month's Healthcare Monthly magazine by making sure the NPI's are updated too, depending on how long it may have been since they did that. Even after a year of updates, we still had some carriers that had not updated the information we supplied within their own systems, which caused additional grief. But if you get started early enough, and have a systematic plan of accomplishing your purpose( starting with your major payers), your issues may be less problematic.