Charging for application

Best answers
I work for a primary care physician and there has been some disagreaments regarding charging for the application of a DME supply.
The scenario is that a patient comes in for carpal tunnel pain and the provider wants to give her a wrist splint (L3908) to wear. Does the provider get to charge the application of that splint?
We have the same question is regards to any type of splint or supply that they get from a box that just gets strapped on like a knee brace and things that do not require too much work for the provider to just put on.

Thanks in advance!!

I work for a primary care physician and there has been some disagreaments regarding charging for the application of a DME supply.
The scenario is that a patient comes in for carpal tunnel pain and the provider wants to give her a wrist splint (L3908) to wear. Does the provider get to charge the application of that splint?
We have the same question is regards to any type of splint or supply that they get from a box that just gets strapped on like a knee brace and things that do not require too much work for the provider to just put on.

Thanks in advance!!

If doc placed splint/brace I would code the application.

Preformed splints/bracing straight from the box are not a billable application. Only the supply is billable.

A splint that requires the provider to "form" or customize it to fit the patient (by a tech is appropriate) is a billable splint application + the supply.