Wiki Chemo drugs

Tonyj

True Blue
Best answers
Does anyone know of a link that may be available that list the drugs used for cancer patients and what categary they may fall under? e.g. Zometa (biphosphonate) V58.68, Cisplatin (chemotherapy drug) V58.11, Provenge (immunotherapy) V58.12...

Thanks in advance

Usually you can tell by the J code....chemo drugs are J9000's, oral chemo is J8000's. If you participate with UHC they allow you to access NCCN guidelines thru their website and you can get alot of information from that.

I asked my pharmacist to go through a list. I also found that from the cancer.org website, they list what drugs are considered immunotherapy because that was a challenge for me but found that its the (mAbs that would get V58.12). Some drugs don't need them, we don't use a Vcode with Zometa. Plus teh LCD often times identify what type of drug. I also go the drugs website to see what type of drug it is. I have form that I use that I would be willing to to email you.

I asked my pharmacist to go through a list. I also found that from the cancer.org website, they list what drugs are considered immunotherapy because that was a challenge for me but found that its the (mAbs that would get V58.12). Some drugs don't need them, we don't use a Vcode with Zometa. Plus teh LCD often times identify what type of drug. I also go the drugs website to see what type of drug it is. I have form that I use that I would be willing to to email you.

That would be great! My email address is TJ1492002@aol.com

Thanks much!

Usually you can tell by the J code....chemo drugs are J9000's, oral chemo is J8000's. If you participate with UHC they allow you to access NCCN guidelines thru their website and you can get alot of information from that.

Great information, thanks much!