Wiki Child Birth Education

Garndt14

New
Best answers
I currently work for DME that sells Breast Pumps only. They are interested in now starting Lactation training billing 98960 and a series of S codes
S9436
S9443
S9444
S9447
Can anyone help me in regards to may a DME bill for these codes? I did find the 98960 on some of our fee schedules but none of the S codes. While researching I came across this with several insurances : Lactation consultations (98960) are separately reimbursed when filed by a licensed MD/DO or mid-level practitioner when the lactation consultation is the only service provided and performed by a certified lactation consultant under the general supervision of a licensed MD/DO or midlevel practitioner. This leads me to believe that as a DME we cannot. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I currently work for DME that sells Breast Pumps only. They are interested in now starting Lactation training billing 98960 and a series of S codes
S9436
S9443
S9444
S9447
Can anyone help me in regards to may a DME bill for these codes? I did find the 98960 on some of our fee schedules but none of the S codes. While researching I came across this with several insurances : Lactation consultations (98960) are separately reimbursed when filed by a licensed MD/DO or mid-level practitioner when the lactation consultation is the only service provided and performed by a certified lactation consultant under the general supervision of a licensed MD/DO or midlevel practitioner. This leads me to believe that as a DME we cannot. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
The S codes were developed by BCBS insurers for their billing purposes. I would suggest that you do a survey of the major insurers you think you would be billing to ensure you can bill for this service as a DME supplier.