Wiki chiropratic billing (x-ray)

codebyday

New
Best answers
I am doing some work for a NUCCA (National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association) doctor, and he does x-rays for the initial visit and the second visit as well as the re-eval. I noticed on the chiroptractic services booklet says that x-rays are not covered if reviewed and/or taken by the DC, it needs to be reviewd by a MD or DO. Is anyone getting paid for the x-rays or any help or direction on how to code and bill for these services??

Thanks!!

I am doing some work for a NUCCA (National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association) doctor, and he does x-rays for the initial visit and the second visit as well as the re-eval. I noticed on the chiroptractic services booklet says that x-rays are not covered if reviewed and/or taken by the DC, it needs to be reviewd by a MD or DO. Is anyone getting paid for the x-rays or any help or direction on how to code and bill for these services??

Thanks!!

For Medicare you can't - xrays ordered, taken, or interpreted by a chiropractor are not payable services. There used to be a "chiropractor exception" that allowed a radiologist to order an x-ray for a chiropractor and be paid, but that was changed in 2008 and those are no longer payable.

For other payers, you would have to check each policy/plan to see if x-rays are paid to chiropractors.