Wiki CHONC Certification

hkgraddy03

Contributor
Best answers
If I were get my CHONC certification, would my additional CEU's need to be oncology related? If so, anyone know any good resources for obtaining these specialty CEU's?

at least 18 CEUs have to be hematology/oncology related.
The best resources I've found to get them so far is through AAPC webinars and through the Hematology/Oncology Coding Alert via Supercoder.com

CHONC CEU's

If I were get my CHONC certification, would my additional CEU's need to be oncology related? If so, anyone know any good resources for obtaining these specialty CEU's?

You will need some that are specific to oncology. Revenue Cycle offers CEU's that are approved by AAPC.

Thanks!

chonc

I am wanting to get certified in chonc have been billing for 12 years in hematology oncology. I was taught by previous supervisors(went to school for coding 20years ago)so I'm sure I need a lot of help. I have ordered the practiced test and test and work guide thru AAPC but I think I need more help, we do not do surgery at my office we however do chemo infusion. Any advice would be appreciated.

CHONC Test

I woundn't worry about surgery except for a bone marrow procedure. There is a lot of E/M. There are questions about things like DCIS, tumor lysis, what is an oncotype test, the every day terminology of oncology/hematology. You might pick up on those terms you see in the charts and find out exactly what they are...if you don't already know. Lots of infusions and drugs...know your billing increments and waste.
Tricia

Tricia

Thanks for your help, we do bill wasted but we have created cheat sheets. We have a pharmacy who dispenses the drug when chart goes in. We bill on chemo infusion, hydration also gamma, iron etc. any other helpful hints? which books to take with me in the testing? We do bone marrows also. If you would like email me I'm Tammypuccini@yahoo.com Thank you so much for all your help

chonc testing

I am getting ready to take my test, I know I can use cpt,icd-9 and hcpcs books but they say you can take one more with you, should I take medical dictionary or any suggestions? Any suggestions on what I might need to brush up on, more than a little nervous :) Thanks for any and all advice Tammy;)