• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Cirumcision

drufolo

Best answers
What is the correct icd-9 code for a circumcision.
I was told that the V50.2 is no longer a valid code?
I use the CPT code 54150 and they it is correct but the V50.2 is ritual only
should I use 605 in place of V50.2?
:confused:

Last edited:

cordelia

Best answers
Well, what is the reason the patient is getting a circumcision? Is it a routine (V50.2) circumcision because the baby is newborn, or does the patient have a medical issue requiring a circumcision, such as 605?

V50.2 is a valid and correct code when performing a routine circumcision. I code this out every day.

Cordelia, CCS, CPC

drufolo

Best answers
It is a routine newborn for which I use the V50.2 all the time.
I'm not sure what to do now since they will not reprocess this claim unless it has a
different code.will have to appeal there descision.

Thanks,

hbeard

Networker
Best answers
Is the dx code the problem? What you've coded seems correct but I think lots of insurance companies don't allow for coverage for the routine circs.