Wiki Cisternogram

chembree

Guru
Best answers
Under fluorscopic guidance, a 22-gauge spinal needle was inserted into the thecal sac at L2-L3. A total of 2 cc of 500 uci In-111DTPA was infused into the patient's thecal sac. Needle was removed and sterile dressing applied. The patient tolerated the procedure well.

Following intrathecal administration of 0.5 uCi of In-111 DTPA, 4 hours, 24, and 48 hours delayed images were obtained.

Can someone help me bill this procedure? I know the cisternogram is 78630 but I am not sure what to bill for the infusion...

Under fluorscopic guidance, a 22-gauge spinal needle was inserted into the thecal sac at L2-L3. A total of 2 cc of 500 uci In-111DTPA was infused into the patient's thecal sac. Needle was removed and sterile dressing applied. The patient tolerated the procedure well.

Following intrathecal administration of 0.5 uCi of In-111 DTPA, 4 hours, 24, and 48 hours delayed images were obtained.

Can someone help me bill this procedure? I know the cisternogram is 78630 but I am not sure what to bill for the infusion...

I looked this up and I would charge 62311 and 77003.

HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC, R.T. (R)(CV)