Wiki CKD

aaseals32

Contributor
Best answers
Hello, I have a provider that is saying the patient has anemia associated with stage 3 ckd renal failure n18.30 d63.1 and stage 3b ckd n18.32. Can those be coded together? Can a patient have those 2 conditions? I am new to this. Thanks

Hello, I have a provider that is saying the patient has anemia associated with stage 3 ckd renal failure n18.30 d63.1 and stage 3b ckd n18.32. Can those be coded together? Can a patient have those 2 conditions? I am new to this. Thanks

No, you cannot code N18.30 and N18.32 together.

N18.30 is Stage 3 Unspecified. If the patient is Stage 3B, then the stage has been specified by the physician. You can query the provider if you want to confirm that the 3B is the correct stage.

Remember to follow the sequencing rules for D63.1 as well. The Code First note indicates that the CKD code should be sequenced first.

No, you cannot code N18.30 and N18.32 together.

N18.30 is Stage 3 Unspecified. If the patient is Stage 3B, then the stage has been specified by the physician. You can query the provider if you want to confirm that the 3B is the correct stage.

Remember to follow the sequencing rules for D63.1 as well. The Code First note indicates that the CKD code should be sequenced first.
Thank you!