Wiki Closed reduction of fracture

amartinez1

Best answers
Can the cpt for closed reduction of metacarpal be coded along with cpt for percutaneous pinning? 26605,26608
Or would you code a cpt code from the 20650-20692 sets

Patient was taken to operating room and closed reduction was performed and percutaneous pinning using four k-wires. Fracture was held in place and reduced using four k-wires.

Does anyone use the F1-FA modifiers on 26608? I understand a metacarpal isn't technically a digit, per say, but the code specifies each bone. And wouldn't it make more sense to specify which bones involved with the F modifiers then to use -59 on each bone involved in the fixation?

Does anyone use the F1-FA modifiers on 26608? I understand a metacarpal isn't technically a digit, per say, but the code specifies each bone. And wouldn't it make more sense to specify which bones involved with the F modifiers then to use -59 on each bone involved in the fixation?

I don't think the modifiers are necessary. 5 metacarpals are in a hand, 26608 has MUE of 5 units. If 3 of the 5 metacarpals are broken I believe you bill 26608 x3 on one line and not a separate line for each metacarpal with a fracture?