Wiki Closed reduction percutaneous pin radius/ulna

brose

Best answers
I have an operative note that states the above. However, in the body of the note, it indicates there was a closed reduction and perc pinning of the radius, then only a perc pinning of the shaft of the ulna. I believe I should code for the perc pin of the radius as 25606, but not sure about the perc pin of the ulna. There is not a code except for the styloid, and I need perc pin of shaft.

Any ideas? I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

I have an operative note that states the above. However, in the body of the note, it indicates there was a closed reduction and perc pinning of the radius, then only a perc pinning of the shaft of the ulna. I believe I should code for the perc pin of the radius as 25606, but not sure about the perc pin of the ulna. There is not a code except for the styloid, and I need perc pin of shaft.

Any ideas? I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

If you use 25606 for perc radius just make sure it is for the distal radial fx, also I would use 25535 for the ulnar shaft fx even thought it doesn't specify perc pin you can use that because there are no incisions made.

cpt code for radius shaft percutaneous pinning

Good morning!

I need a code for percutaneous radial shaft pinning only

Can anyone please help with a code for this or is it unlisted? 25999. My only thoughts was to use 25505 (Closed radial shaft) with 20650 (pins) Since no real incision will be made.

I appreciate any suggests.

Thank you!

Sue