Wiki Closed Treatment of a Distal Ulna Fx

akusmier

New
Best answers
My Dr's have a couple patients with a fx of the distal ulna, and per their treatment, they should be in fx care. I have sent for clarification, asking the Dr if the fx is at the distal end of the shaft, or at the ulnar styloid, and they have responded stating the 'distal ulna'. what fx care code do I use? I have reviewed online and haven't found a consistent answer.

You don't have enough information is the problem

You need to go back to the doc and get very specific information. Otherwise, you don't have enough information to choose.

i received a response back from the dr. and the fx is at the growth plate of the ulna. would this be considered the shaft then? as far as coding the fx care? thanks for your help

Closed treatment of distal ulna fx

25600 w/out manipulation, 25606 with manipulation-Closed treatment of a distal radial fracture or epiphyseal separation, includes closed treatment of fracture of ulnar styloid; when performed;

the term physeal refers to growth plate injuries

Sometimes I will use google to search fractures, then click on IMAGES-this helps to show you where exactly you are in the bone, etc. Hope this helps!